Temporary Works Supervisor Training Course (TWSTC)
About CITB Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
The CITB - Temporary Works Supervisor Training Course (TWSTC) assists anyone who has the responsibility for supervising any and all forms of temporary works. The training provides candidates with a thorough knowledge of the role of a Temporary Works Supervisor, including a solid understanding of the risk management of temporary works.
The design of the course provides confidence to senior management, and those who engage with contractors, to reach an assessed standard of knowledge.
The one day course can accommodate up to 20 delegates per day.
- Define the need for and role of a Temporary Works Supervisor
- Identify the roles & duties of various parties involved with TW’s including subcontractors
- Possess a knowledge and understanding of the role of the TWS as defined in BS5975:2008+A1:2011 as well as the TWS role in the temporary works process
- Understand legal duties, the safety critical aspects of temporary works, risk management, as well as policy and procedure in compliance with relevant regulation(s)
- Gain an awareness of the CDM Regulations, Codes of Practice, Temporary Works Register & Design, Design checks & Standard solutions, Temporary Works monitoring & supervision, Risk Assessments and Method Statements, and Designated Individuals
- Explore various temporary works case studies
- Recognise the importance of the '4Cs' in communication: co-operation, co-ordination and competency in managing temporary works as a Temporary Works Supervisor
- Site Safety Plus CITB TWCTC certificate
The TWS course has been developed in conjunction with the Temporary Works Forum, CECA, Build UK (formerly the UKCG) and other industry representatives, along with Site Safety Plus providers who currently offer TW courses. The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) are also supporting this development. Having industry input and support means the course is fit for purpose and offers transferability.
We also Offer