- Discuss recent industry changes in accepted working practices
- Explore the Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) 1974
- Study the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015
- Identify and discuss risk assessments and method statements
- Importance of managing occupational health
- Define and discuss behavioural safety
- Gain greater appreciation for the dangers of and ways of minimising the risks of the following: Excavations, Electricity, Work at Height, Confined Spaces, Scaffolding and Demolition
Who should attend?
Project managers, site managers and supervisors, business owners and clients who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of site workers.
BUILDUK recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all supervisors working on BUILDUK sites
Site Safety Plus (SSP)
The Site Safety Plus (SSP) suite of courses provides the building, civil engineering and allied industries with a range of courses for people seeking to develop skills in this area. Site Safety Plus (SSP) courses are designed to give everyone, from operative to senior manager, the skills they need to progress through the industry.
Courses range from the one-day Health and Safety Awareness (HSA) course to the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS). There are also refresher courses to ensure workers are keeping up to date with the latest practices and site safety techniques.
CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate valid for 5 years.