The SHEA gas scheme takes a modular approach. There are nine modules with six modules designated as ‘core’ modules, which are pertinent for all utility sectors. Three modules provide the gas industry specific content.
- Module 1: Understanding our workplace responsibilities
- Module 2: Understanding the effects of our work on the environment
- Module 3: Identifying and controlling risks
- Module 4: Common hazards in the workplace
- Module 5: Highway working and excavations (Additional Module)
- Module 6: Pressure regulating installations (Additional Module)
- Module 7: Safety in premises (Additional Module)
- Module 8: Occupational health hazards
- Module 9: Responding to emergencies
Candidates must complete all eight modules and pass the SHEA Gas assessment and gain EUSR SHEA Water registration.
Who should attend?
All individuals involved in the operational activities of the gas industry who require access to sites, both permanent and temporary, including all levels of operatives, supervisors and management.
The SHEA Gas scheme is partnered with CSCS to allow gas industry workers access to construction sites for purposes of utilities work without the need for a separate CSCS card.
For further details please consult the CSCS Partner page.
SHEA Gas is affiliated with CSCS and therefore the EUSR card card carries the CSCS logo
EUSR photo id card with qualification stated on back of card.