City & Guilds 6160-05 Level 3 Award in Supervising Teams undertaking work in Confined Spaces
The theoretical and practical safety course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards providing those supervise confined space teams with the necessary training and assessment.
The 2 day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
Aims & Objectives
The aim of this training is to reflect the national occupational standard for supervising entry and arrangements at a confined space. This unit covers both water and non-water industry areas.
- Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations, or where the operative is working in or near water, or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
- Non-water: this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities gas, electrical and mechanical engineering, and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries, and tunnelling.
- Implement procedures for team working in confined spaces
- Supervise the control of safe entry and exit to the confined space
- Supervise the work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Control emergency situations
- Understand health and safety and environmental legislation
- Understand standard protocols for work in confined spaces
- Understand supervisory duties and responsibilities
- Understand equipment checks and testing required
Candidates must be able to understand spoken English, interpreters are not allowed in the City & Guilds assessment. Reasonable adjustments can be made where required (example: learning difficulty or challenge).
- City & Guilds valid for 3 years
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone who is going to be deemed a Supervisor of confined spaces. This includes planning andf allocating activities of a team, pre-entry procedures, entry into and exit from the confined space, selection of personnel, maintaining communications, and initiating and controlling emergency procedures.
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...