City & Guilds 6160-07 Level 3 Award in Direct Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties
The theoretical and practical safety course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards providing those who directs the activities of a team for rescue or recovery in confined spaces with the necessary training and assessment.
The 1 day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
Aims & Objectives
The aim of this training is to reflect the national occupational standard for directing emergency rescue and recovery of casualties from confined spaces. This unit covers both water and non-water industry areas.
- Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations, or where the operative is working in or near water, or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
- Non-water: this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, electrical and mechanical engineering, and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries, and tunnelling.
- Plan and prepare emergency operations for a rescue team
- Mobilise a rescue team and direct entry and exit to the confined space
- Monitor a rescue team to ensure procedures are followed
- Understand the principles of working as a rescue team leader
- Understand rescue team leader duties and responsibilities
Candidates must be able to understand spoken English, interpreters are not allowed in the City & Guilds assessment. Reasonable adjustments can be made where required (example: learning difficulty or challenge).
- City & Guilds valid for 3 years
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone who directs the activities of a team for rescue or recovery in confined spaces. This may include rescue team leader, coordinator, entry controller/top person or supervisor in relation to rescue and recovery of casualties, planning and preparing for emergency operations, mobilising rescue teams, directing and monitoring rescue activities, reporting and securing sites after incidents or emergencies.
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...