Combined EUSR - Electro Fusion & Butt Fusion Welding
This course is broken down and designed for candidates based on experience levels. Those candidates possessing little to no experience of welding Polyethylene Pipe by the means of Electro Fusion & Butt Fusion welding processes should select the 3 day course. Experienced Electro Fusion & Butt Fusion Welders seeking certification or a refresher qualification should select the 2 day course.
Our safety training is mapped to both National Occupational Standards and EUSMUN10 (aligned to NCO).
Techniques are applicable to both types of materials, which are PE80 (MDPE) and PE100 (HDPE or HPPE). Materials are applicable to pipe sizes from 20mm to 710mm. Larger diameters should focus on manufacturer guidance and familiarisation may be required. For Butt Fusion Welding materials are applicable to all sizes of pipe for both service and mains.
The course(s) can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
- Provide operators and supervisors with the best working practices for Electro Fusion & Butt Fusion Welding
- Follow clear and concise instruction for Electro & Butt Fusion Welding techniques
- Candidates create a test sample that is destructively crush tested during training
- Carry out Electro Fusion & Butt Fusion welding to meet specifications and guidance on or to the following:
- WIS 4-32-08 June 2016 Issue 4
The fusion jointing of polyethylene pressure pipeline systems using PE80 (MDPE) and PE100 (HDPE or HPPE) materials.
- EN12201 Pipe and Fittings
Plastics piping systems for water supply, and for drainage and sewerage under pressure - Polyethylene (PE) - Part 2: Pipes
- GIS/PL2-2:2014. GIS/PL2-2:
Polyethylene pipes & fittings for transport of natural gas and suitable manufactured gas – Part 2: Pipes for use at pressures.
- National Occupational Standards EUSMUNC10
- BS ISO 12176 – 2, Fusion equipment
- HSG185 (H&S in excavations)
- Manufacturer’s guidance
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone who carries out, oversees, manages, signs off on or requires the knowledge of Electro & Butt Fusion Welding techniques.
- EUSR photo id card with qualifications stated on the back of card, valid for 3 years
- Groundforce Training certificate of attendance (in addition to EUSR card)