- Understand the definition of and answer the question – What is asbestos?
- Outline, investigate, and explain – Where asbestos is found
- Analyze and develop some simple strategies for controlling hazards and reducing risks – Principles of Control
- Examine what the law says about the use, removal and disposal of asbestos
- Discuss the health effects of asbestos exposure and the negative impact upon the lungs (lung cancer, asbestosis, pleural plaques, and pulmonary function impairment) and other organs, gastrointestinal tract, etc.
- Identify hazards and risks in the typical workplaces where asbestos is likely to be found – Risk Assessment
Methods of Learning
The UKATA Category A Asbestos Awareness qualification can be obtained through e-learning.
We recommend those who have not previously held a UKATA Cat A certificate to consider being trained Face to Face. However, e-learning is available.
Who will benefit?
Anyone who may be involved with asbestos – i.e. likely to work directly or indirectly with materials that could be asbestos. Some examples are supervisors and trades personnel, including trainees such as but not limited to: ground workers demolition workers, construction workers, general maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters and decorators, joiners, plasterers, roofers, heating and ventilation engineers, telecommunication engineers, fire and burglar alarm installers, computer installers, architects, building surveyors, and shopfitters.
Asbestos awareness training is often the first course selected and desired by those who may come in contact with asbestos. Importantly, on its’ own ‘awareness’ training does not meet the legal requirements to work with asbestos. Additional instruction and qualifications are available for these individuals intending to discover and/or handle asbestos depending on the type of activities being carried out.
- Groundforce Training certificate of attendance
This UKATA course that we are offering for sale, is sold under license from Tersus Consultancy Ltd who is the UKATA approved Professional Member UK1380A, and this company Groundforce Training are not a UKATA Professional Member for this classification of training, UKATA Asbestos Awareness - Cat A