EUSR Abrasive Wheels Principles & Practice
About EUSR Abrasive Wheels Principles & Practice
EUSR Abrasive Wheels Principles & Practical training combines classroom based theory with practical instruction and assessment. Typically we 'bespoke' the practical application(s) to your specific needs. Some of the areas we can cover are the operation of petrol cut off saws and other hand held/portable machines, bench or pedestal grinding machines.
The 1 day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
- Understand legislation and guidance including HASWA 74, PUWER 98, MHSWR 99 and PPE Regs
- Recognise the hazards of abrasive wheels and consider risk control measures
- Identify various types of abrasive wheels and the associated risks (for example, noise, contact, wheel burst, respiratory and HAVS)
- Carry out pre-use safety checks
- Consider practical steps (control measures) to reduce workplace accidents and encourage safe operation of AW's
- Select the correct type of abrasive wheels, identify marking and provide a visual inspection
- Demonstrate correct usage, settings, adjustments and inspection of flanges, guards and accessories
- Learn how to correctly mount abrasive wheels on angle grinders, chop saws, disc cutters, bench and pedestal grinders (including practical demonstration depending on specific machine or machines being used)
- Understand the process to true, dress and balance abrasive wheels on bench and pedestal grinders
Who will benefit?
Anyone who is operating and/or managing/supervising the use of angel grinders, cut off saws, bench grinders and bench top cut off saws.
- EUSR Abrasive Cutting (Petrol Cut Off Saw) Photo id card (valid for 3 years)
- Groundforce Training certificate of attendance (in addition to EUSR card)
Claim £30 per person from this course.
Read more on how you can claim CITB levy here.
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...