EUSR Category 3 - Install, Inspect and Remove Timber Shoring Systems - 1 Day Course
About The Timber Course
This is an EUSR accredited course (Category 3)
Delegates will be able to identify various ground types and understand various methods of ground retention systems, identify excavation hazards and introduce specific PPE, and control measures to reduce those risks.
This course also includes practical training and assessments whilst installing ground support systems in a live environment with a specific temporary works designs.
The one day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
By the end of the course you will know and understand:
- Excavation Safety HSE Overview
- HSG 150 Safety in Excavations
- The CIRIA Report
- Why excavations fail
You will be able to:
- Assess ground types
- Install, inspect and remove proprietary support systems
- Plan the work activity to comply with Health and Safety legislation, guides and procedures.
- Carry out risk assessments
- Write Design Briefs/Temporary Work Design
- The Angle of Repose
- Legal requirements
- Excavation risks (Leptospirosis & Asbestos)
- Installation guide preceding practical session
What will you receive?
- EUSR certificate and ID Card with Excavating Safely accreditation (Valid for 3 years) See sample below.
- Practical experience with shoring equipment
- Professionally delivered training by EUSR Accredited and City & Guild qualified trainers to a minimum level of PTLLS. (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
- Personal copy of Tool Box talk video’s, produced in conjunction with CITB Construction College.
- A demonstration of Gftech.co.uk, Groundforce’s extensive Technical Library.
You might be interested in