EUSR Categories 3, 4 & 5 - Install, Inspect & Remove Timber, Steel and Proprietary Excavation Support Systems
About EUSR Categories 3, 4 & 5 - Install, Inspect & Remove Timber, Steel and Proprietary Excavation Support Systems
This safety course introduces the learner to the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation work. Examples of areas covered are but not limited to the HSE's HSG150, HSG 47 guidance, the Construction Industry Research and Information Associations report.
Learners will become familiarised with the necessity for identifying various ground conditions, and will come to understand a variety of methods for utilising the appropriate ground retention system(s). This course also includes practical training and assessments while installing ground support systems in a live dig environment with a specific temporary works designs.
The two day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
Refresher Training needed? See our Refresher course here
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
- Differentiate between soil types and conditions
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems
- Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
- Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards
- Be able to safely install, inspect, and remove timber, steel and proprietary shoring equipment with practical experience in doing so
- Interpret specific temporary works designs
Guided Learning Hours
The minimum guided learning hours for a delivery combination of 3 Categories, such as EUSR Categories 3+4+5 is sixteen hours.
All Performance Criteria (PC) must be assessed through observation of the individual carrying out activities that enable the demonstration of skills, knowledge and understanding required to meet each PC.
A ‘Live Dig’ will be integrated and conducted as part of the training and assessment, use of a pre-prepared concrete lined pit is not permitted.
Who will benefit?
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to oversee or carry out work in or around excavations. If you physically install, inspect or remove shoring systems and haven't had any formal training, this course is essential to minimise risk to yourself and those around you.
- EUSR photo id card with qualification stated on the back of the card
- Groundforce Training certificate of attendance (in addition to EUSR card)
Eligible for CITB cashback
Read more on how you can claim CITB levy here.
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...