City & Guilds 6160-06 Level 4 Award in Plan, Manage and Review Legislative and Safety Compliance for Work in Confined Spaces
The theoretical and practical safety course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards and provides those who are in charge of planning, managing and reviewing safety compliance for work in confined spaces with an in-depth understanding of their duties.
The 5 day course can accommodate up to 10 delegates per day.
Aim & Objectives
The aim of this unit is to reflect the national occupational standards for planning, managing and reviewing legislative and safety compliance for work in confined spaces.
- Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations, or where the operative is working in or near water, or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
- Non-water: this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering, and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries, and tunnelling.
As part of the training a portfolio of evidence will be expected to complete a portfolio of evidence based on planning and managing work arrangements at high risk confined spaces. These will be assessed by the centre and quality assured by City & Guilds.
- City & Guilds valid for 3 years
Who Will Benefit?
Those who are in charge of planning, managing and reviewing legislative and safety compliance for work in confined spaces.
Candidates must be able to understand spoken English, interpreters are not allowed in the City & Guilds assessment. Reasonable adjustments can be made where required (example: learning difficulty or challenge).
Learners must possess suitable knowledge and experience and have completed one of the following qualifications prior to commencing the qualification
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- City & Guilds Level 6 Occupational Health and Safety
- NCRQ Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health and Safety
- NVQ Level 5 or Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice