City & Guilds 6160-02 Level 2 Award in Medium Risk Confined Space
The theoretical and practical safety course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards and provides those who enter confined spaces and hazardous areas with an in-depth understanding of the requirements of the law, associated legislation, Safe Systems of Work and risk assessments. This course includes competent use of appropriate Confined Space Equipment and practical assessments covering access, egress and safe working practices in Confined Spaces and Hazardous areas.
The 2 day course can accommodate up to 10 delegates per day.
Aims & Objectives
The aim of this training is to reflect the national occupational standard for a medium risk related confined space environment.
This unit covers both water and non-water industry areas:
- Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations or where the operative is working in or near water or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
- Non-water: this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries and tunnelling
From 1st Jan 2022 the governing body, City & Guilds, have updated Confined Spaces training qualifications. The change means the assessments between Entrant and Entry Controller are split. There is no longer an automatic Entry Controller (Attendant) certification under City & Guilds Medium Risk.
Specifically, this course in now for ENTRANT ONLY. This course does not provide a qualification for entry controller (Top Person). Thus, this course will not qualify you to perform Top Person duties (as previously was the case under the 6150 suite.
Please see the 6160-04 City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Control Entry and Arrangements for Confined Spaces course as this is the new City & Guilds qualification for the Top Person duties.
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit a confined space safely
- Use equipment and tools safely
- Follow working procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Understand the principles of working in medium risk confined spaces
- Understand standard protocols for working in medium risk confined spaces
- City & Guilds valid for 3 years
Who Will Benefit?
Managers, Supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are preparing to work safely, as well as those entering and exiting medium risk confined spaces safely.
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...