City & Guilds 6160-01 Level 2 Award Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces
The theoretical and practical safety course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards and provides those who enter low risk confined spaces, with an in-depth understanding of what is a low risk confined space, together with the requirements of the law associated legislation and safe systems of work.
This one day course can accommodate up to 10 delegates.
This course aims to reflect the national occupational standard for a low risk related confined space environment.
It covers both water and non-water industry areas.
- Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations or where the operative is working in or near water or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
- Non-water: this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical. construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries and tunnelling.
- Prepare to work safely in low risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit low risk confined spaces safely
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Follow working procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Understand the principles of working in low risk confined spaces
- Understand standard protocols for working in low risk confined spaces
Candidates must be able to understand spoken English, interpreters are not allowed in the City & Guilds assessment. Reasonable adjustments can be made where required (example: learning difficulty or challenge).
- City & Guilds valid for 3 years
Who Will Benefit?
Managers, Supervisors, safety professionals, operatives and/or anyone working in a low risk confined spaces environment. If you are looking at preparing to enter and work safely, entering and exiting confined spaces safely, using equipment and tools, following procedures and dealing with emergencies this course is aimed at you.
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...