About Vertical Shores
The Vertishore is a lightweight compact easily installed shoring unit designed for short term use in relatively shallow trenches in stable non-water bearing ground conditions.
The units are designed to be installed from ground level by one man in a matter of seconds thus providing safe effective shoring without operatives having to enter an un-shored excavation. Each unit comprises two aluminium rails, expanded against the cut trench walls by a pair of interconnected hydraulic rams. The rams are expanded and pressured between the walls of the trench by a manually operated hand pump.
- Light duty means of trench support
- A quick and easy shoring method for stable, supportive soils
- Can be installed from outside the trench
- Secondary plywood panelling (not supplied) can be used to distribute the load
|Rail Length (mm)
|Minimum Excavation Width (mm)
|Maximum Excavation Width (mm)
|Clearance Below Cylinder (mm)
|Typical Unit Weight (kg)*
|Rail Working Load (kN/m)**
* Weights will vary with cylinder lengths used
** The cantilever effect of the shore rail under the lower ram is the limiting factor on uniformly distributed load ratings. The working axial load capacity of individual cylinders is 80kN