CS2 – Confined Space Entry & Rescue Techniques
The safety course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards and provides those who are required to enter high risk confined spaces with an in-depth understanding of the requirements of the law, associated regulations and safe systems of work. Importantly, the training session includes recognising high risk confined spaces and competent use of the appropriate confined spaces equipment. Practical assessments cover access, egress, safe working practices and basic rescue techniques within high risk confined spaces.
The two day course can accommodate up to 10 delegates per day.
- Legislation and regulation associated with conﬁned spaces
- Recognition of high risk confined spaces
- Safe systems of work – risk assessments and work permits
- Human respiratory system, respiratory protection and monitoring
- Introduction to emergency rescue procedures
- Contamination and disease control
- Multiple choice knowledge assessment
- Pre-use checks and tests for self-contained breathing apparatus
- Wearing, donning and dofﬁng of self-contained breathing apparatus
- Breathing apparatus control boards and procedures
- Introduction to emergency rescue equipment
- Practical assessment – pre-entry checks, entry / BA control, communication, recognition of emergency, snatch rescue and post-incident reporting.
- RoSPA Groundforce Training Certificate of attendance
Who Will Benefit?
Managers, Supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to enter high risk confined spaces.
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...