About Legionella Awareness
The course is intended to guide operators and supervisors to be aware of Legionnaires disease the cause and effects of contracting legionnaires. The course provides a clear concise understanding legionnaires disease the symptoms and preventative measures good hygiene.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with the knowledge and awareness regarding legionella to work safely and effectively and to understand what can be done to reduce risk of exposure and what actions to take to reduce spread if contamination is found.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify Causes and Symptoms of Legionella
- Understand the importance of good hygiene
- Provide an understanding and demonstrate safe practice including codes of practice
- Identify preventative procedures.
What will you receive?
- Groundforce accredited certificate and ID card (Valid for 3 years)
- Professionally delivered training by qualified trainers to a minimum level pf PTLLS or L3 Award in Education and training.
Who will benefit?
All Employers and employees as it provides a greater awareness of the risks of contact with Legionella bacteria and the processes required to prevent or adequately control those risks including Acop L8 and technical guidance. The course will provide up-to-date knowledge and vigilance to guard against an outbreak of Legionnaires Disease.