EUSR Category 5 - Install, Inspect and Remove Proprietary Shoring Systems
About Category 5 - Install, Inspect and Remove Proprietary Shoring Systems
This safety course introduces the learner to the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation work.
Examples of the areas covered are, but not limited to, the HSE's HSG150 and HSG 47 guidance documents, as well as the Construction Industry Research and Information Associations report.
Learners will become familiarised with the necessity for identifying various ground conditions, and will come to understand a variety of methods for utilising the appropriate ground retention system(s). This course includes practical training and assessments whilst installing ground support systems in a live dig environment with specific timber temporary work designs.
The two day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
- Differentiate between soil types and conditions
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems
- Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
- Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards
- Understand current legislation, policies and procedures associated with safety in excavations
- Be able to safely install, remove and inspect proprietary shoring equipment and gain practical experience in doing so
- Interpret specific temporary work designs
Who Will Benefit?
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to oversee or carry out work in or around excavations. If you physically install, inspect or remove shoring systems and haven't had any formal formal training, this course is essential to minimise risk to yourself and those around you.
- EUSR photo id card with qualification stated on back of card
- Groundforce Training certificate of attendance (in addition to EUSR card)
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...