New Roads and Streetworks Assessment (NRSWA) - Unit 2 - Signing, Lighting & Guarding - Operatives (O1)
This safety course provides operatives with the skills and knowledge needed to perform their respective duties when signing, lighting and guarding to the standards prescribed by the relevant governing bodies, City & Guilds, CAWBA or SQA and in-line with the New Roads & Streetworks Act (NRSWA).
The 1 day course can accommodate up to 6 operatives. Training providers must also have 2 supervisors in order to successfully run the training course.
Course Content & Objectives:
- New Roads and Street Works Act.
- Basic principles of signing, lighting and guarding.
- Traffic control measures.
- Practical use of the Code of Practice.
- Portable traffic lights.
- Practical use of equipment.
- Understand the essential principles of the NRSW Act and standards prescribed by the respective governing body, i.e. City & Guilds, CAWBE, SQA
- Identify and use appropriate traffic control measures.
- Erect and dismantle signing, guarding and lighting safely and in accordance with the supporting Code of Practice.
- Correctly and sufficiently operate the equipment used.
Discussion, Simulated Assessments & Video
There is a high degree of discussion. Performance Criteria (PC) is assessed through simulated assessments, which are supplemented with both video and classroom tuition along with progress testing. Typically operatives are assessed via practical tests and oral exams. Supervisor assessments are carried out via written assignments and observational techniques.
Candidates to provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of SWQR photo id cards.
- City & Guilds, CAWBE or SQA unit accreditation by way of a certificate.
- Groundforce Training certificate of attendance (in addition to EUSR card)
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...