Face Fit – Train the Tester
The Face Fit Train the Tester course is aimed at individuals looking to carry out internal qualitative Face Fit testing. The course is ideally suited to candidates who have experience with Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) or who have attended a basic RPE training course and are required on behalf of their company to be able to perform ‘in-house’ Face Fit Testing.
Only suitable for Filtering Face Pieces - FFPs (Disposable) and Half Mask testing
This 5 hour course (classed as 1 day) can accommodate up to 6 delegates per session.
- Receive instruction and training to a competent level
- Grasp and gain an understanding of the OC282/28, HSG53 and ACOP.
- Understand up to date legislation and regulations pertaining to qualitative FFT
- Identify and understanding Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- Explore the reasons for Face Fit Testing
- Identify the types of hazards and protection factors
- Review the types of RPE and their components
- Determine filter selections
- Gain awareness of qualitative and quantitative face fit testing
- Understanding the qualitative test kit
- Perform a test correctly to the protocols
- Recognising the problems which may occur during a test
- Recognise record keeping requirements
Who will benefit?
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to carry out Face Fit Testing on behalf of their company to be able to perform ‘in-house’ Face Fit Testing.
- Groundforce Training certificate ensuring successful candidates are certificated for two years.
- Training is provided by a FIT2FIT Accredited Providernot FIT2FIT accredited
- Training is provided by Vp plc who is a Fit2Fit Accredited Provider, but the ‘training’ is not Fit2Fit accredited
Face Fit Test Kit
- Groundforce Training is pleased to offer Qualitative Test Kits (Sale only)
- Our instructors can bring Qualitative Test Kits to site on the day of training (if required)
Face Fit Testing Kit Includes:
- 12 x 2.5ml Bitter Sensitivity Solutions
- 12 x 2.5ml Bitter Test Solutions
- 2 x Nebulisers
- Instructions for use
- Heavy duty portable polypropylene plastic case
- USB containing a copy of all the useful HSE documents and samples of certificates and questionnaires
For each kit sold Vp plc is donating £5.00 to the Mavis Nye Foundation