UKATA Asbestos in Soils Awareness
UKATA Asbestos in Soils Awareness training is designed to provide both knowledge and awareness to those whose work activities could foreseeably expose them to asbestos.
Of particular note this training is an absolute requirement for anyone employed on projects where it is foreseeable that disturbing the soils and ground on-site will be or potentially be exposing workers to ACMs (asbestos containing materials). Of particular concern are any projects that:
- Involve redevelopment on brownfield sites
- Occur on locations that have previously been occupied by industrial buildings that have been demolished
- Other – any situation where it is foreseeable that work will disturb the soils and ground on site and expose individuals to ACMs that may be present within the soils on site
The 1 day (6 hour) course can accommodate up to 15 delegates per day.
- Understand the origins of asbestos in soils (i.e. demolition, fly tipping,manufacturing, etc.)
- Explore the topic of soil disturbance (i.e. accidental, suspicious material, planned work)
- Identify sampling strategies, soil analysis
- Analyze and discuss remediation options
- Examine what the law says about asbestos in soils
Who will benefit?
Supervisors and trades personnel, including trainees, such as but not limited to:
site managers/supervisors/agents, site remediation employees, construction workers, ground workers, plant and machinery operators, utility installers/ maintainers and other such professionals.
- UKATA Asbestos in Soils Awareness Certificate
This UKATA course that we are offering for sale, is sold under license from Tersus Consultancy Ltd who is the UKATA approved Professional Member UK1380A, and this company Groundforce Training are not a UKATA Professional Member for this classification of training, UKATA Asbestos in Soils Awareness.
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...